FABULOUS FADES COMPETITION – Saturday, March 25
High Fade, Low Fade, Fade with a Pomp – you name it this men’s haircutting competition is for you!
- REGISTER NOW IN THE ABS REGISTRATION SYSTEM TO BE IN THIS COMPETITION -
Andis® Fabulous Fades Competitor Registration
Saturday, March 25
3:30pm - 5pm
Located on the CosmoProf Center Stage
$120 Regular Price
(More Information Below)
Pre Competition meeting room
Rules and Regulations
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. These competitions are open to all licensed hair professionals, both barbers and
2. All competitors and models must be eighteen (18) year of age or older. Each entrant must
provide a live model – no mannequins. Models must be MEN ONLY for the Fabulous
3. There will be a limit of 25 competitors for the Fabulous Fades Competition.
4. ABS and Andis reserve the right to cancel the competition if a minimum of 10
competitors is not met.
5. All competitors must check in at the registration area at least one hour prior to the
competition. If a contestant is late, they will forfeit their place and paid entry fee.
6. All Participants (contestants and models) must sign a release form. In doing so, the
participants agree to abide by the final decision of the judges, as well as use of images
for promotional purposes.
7. During registration, you will be required to give a signature agreeing that you have read
and understand these rules and the general rules and regulations.
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL: To qualify to enter a category as a “Licensed Professional”,
the competitor must be currently licensed and show proof of licensure.
Registered competitors and models will receive a complimentary ticket to ABS.
1st – $500 in Andis tools plus $100 cash card
2st – $250 in Andis tools plus $50 cash card
3st – $150 in Andis tools plus $25 cash card
FABULOUS FADES SCHEDULE
SATURDAY – MARCH 25, 2017
2:00pm Report to registration area for competition briefing
3:30pm Competition intro
3:45pm Cutting begins
4:15pm Competition ends and judging begins
1. A contest briefing will be provided in the competition
arena prior to the competition to ensure all have a good
understanding of the rules and procedures.
2. At the start of the competition, competitors will be shown
to their station where they will receive their assortment of
3. All competitors will receive the same Andis® tools package
valued at over $150 to complete their haircut. The package
includes a cape, Cordless Envy Li adjustable blade clipper,
cordless Slimline Pro Li trimmer, clipper comb, tapered barber
comb, Cool Care, oil, blade brush and towel. This is the
competitor’s to keep. Competitors must use only Andis
clippers and trimmers to complete their cut. If any other
haircutting tools are used, the competitor will be disqualified.
4. The use of straight edge razors and/or razor blades is
5. Competitors can adjust the blades of the clippers provided
if they are able to perform this task in the given set-up time.
There will not be any extra time given for blade adjustments,
nor will the start of the competition be delayed for
6. Competitors will have 30 minutes to complete the haircut and
are required to remove at least ó inch of hair. “Clippers
down” will be announced at the close of the competition and
you must stop cutting even if the cut is not complete. At their
discretion, judges may disqualify a participant for cutting
beyond the time limit.
7. All models’ hair must be cut during the competition.
Competitors are not allowed to cut, trim, shape or preset
model’s hair before the competition begins. All cut hair MUST
be left on the floor and participants MUST stay at their station
for the duration of the competition.
8. Competitors are encouraged to bring their own finishing
tools and products including combs, brushes, spray bottles
with water and finishing products as these will NOT be
provided. Note: there is no electricity on stage so
hairdryers will not be available for styling.
1. Judging team will be made up of no less than 3 master
barbers with a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience
and demonstrated leadership in men‘s grooming.
2. The judges will inspect each model’s hair during check-in. If
the judges feel the model does not meet the requirements –
i.e. too short of hair, pre-cut or styled etc. It will be up to the
judge’s discretion to deduct points and/or disqualify from the
3. Judging will take approximately 45 minutes beginning
immediately upon completion of haircuts.
4. Entrants will be judged on four categories:
Each category is worth 10 pts each. Total amount of
points that can be earned is 40. Within the tools category,
demonstrated understanding of the tools should be evident.
Should the judge determine that a violation occurred such as
use of a cutting tool in violation of the rules, points will be
deducted from this category.
5. Entrants and models must remain until the judges’ decisions
6. There is no dispute process for the judging of this
competition. The decision made by the judges is FINAL.