Cosmetologists Chicago is a massive proponent of providing continuing education units (CEUs) for the working professional. We are actively involved in licensure and strive to protect our professionals. Licensure means more now then ever before!
CEU CREDITS ON-DEMAND
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE MATTERS
Cosmetologists Chicago partners can offer our membership of licensed beauty professionals technical education that will count towards Continuing Education Units (CEU) for license renewal. Our membership wants to know and learn about new innovation in the industry and by providing CEU education, you can help our members gain credit toward renewal while also effectively sharing your brand story.
Every “First Monday” of the month, Cosmetologists Chicago provides affordable technical education for continuing education to professionals. (Live events when appropriate but On-Demand every month!) Get your education on our calendar! This effective marketing and education opportunity gets your brand and your educators seen and promoted through marketing efforts that will draw new customers to your brand.
AREAS OF EDUCATION
CIDESCO Advanced Skincare Education
Comité International d’Esthétique et de Cosmétologie - The world's major international beauty therapy association.
Founded in 1946 in Brussels with our Head Office in Zurich, Switzerland, Comité International d’Esthétique et de Cosmétologie – CIDESCO is the World Standard for Beauty and Spa Therapy.
Our membership is open to the leading schools, colleges and beauty centres of the world and students looking to achieve a superior level of training and the CIDESCO Diploma qualification which is recognized worldwide.
1) To promote Esthetics on an international basis
2) To unite members on an international and national level
3) To create recognized training centres at an international level around the world according to a CIDESCO training programme that leads to the CIDESCO Examination and CIDESCO Diploma
4) To promote the exchange of professional knowledge, new developments and information by organizing international congresses.
CIDESCO USA working with Esthetician Connection, provide you advanced education directly from CIDESCO approved educators.
NEW Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
Gain knowledge concerning sexual harassment prevention, including an explanation of sexual harassment consistent with the IHRA, examples of conduct that constitutes unlawful sexual harassment, a summary of relevant federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to sexual harassment victims. This course will also summarize employer responsibilities in the prevention, investigation and corrective measures of sexual harassment.
Check out the full statement from IDFPR HERE.
New Sexual Harassment Prevention Training CE Requirement for Illinois License Renewal
In 2019, a new law passed that requires individuals with DPR issued licenses requiring CE classes for renewal must also complete one (1) hour of CE on sexual harassment prevention training. This requirement is in effect for all renewals after January 1, 2020. Under the Individual Acts and Rules, this CE can be used towards the number of hours needed for renewal.
- The one-hour requirement is in effect for all renewals after January 1, 2020. Anyone renewing now needs to complete the sexual harassment prevention training course. Nail techs and instructors in 2020, cosmetologists and estheticians in 2021.
- If your license requires CE, you are required to take the training.
- If this is your first time renewing your license, you do not need the one-hour training. However, every renewal after it will be required.
- You can complete the training from any group authorized to provide CE classes within your state including Cosmetologists Chicago.
- The one-hour CE on Sexual harassment training can go towards the final number of credits needed for renewals. Example: if you need 14 hours for renewal and complete the one-hour class on sexual harassment prevention training, you will still need to complete 13 hours of additional training of your choosing.
- You must keep the certification of completion in your records. You will not need to provide the certificate when you renew, but you may be asked to confirm that you completed the training.