BCN: Student Creative Nail Design Competition
Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:00AM-12:00PM(CST)
Location: Competition Arena
Limited seating. Available to the first 20
Student Creative Nail Design Competition
NAIL BOARDS MUST BE TURNED INTO THE COMPETITION ARENA BY 12:00PM
1. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry.
2. A 3-D Nail Art entry must consist of 10 individual tips. Entry may be no taller than 1 inch in height.
3. All work must be completed before the competition. No workstation, seating, or electrical outlet will be provided.
4. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid and powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps, resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.)
5. Embellishments or adornments may be used but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.
6. Top coat, UV gel sealant, or glitter polish may be used.
7. Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos.
8. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts. One detailing the products and processes used to create the art and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers; DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
9. Display/Presentation: 10 tips must be securely fastened to a plain (one color, no texture, no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 8 inches wide by 10 inches long, and it must be STURDY.
The competitors will be judged using the following criteria:
UP TO 15 Points Originality
UP TO 15 Points Visual Interest
UP TO 30 Points Workmanship
UP TO 30 Points Complexity & Detail
CASH Prizes: $500 1st Place - $300 2nd Place - $100 3rd Place