Go Behind the Scenes of the 2024 ABS Collection with The Ulta Beauty Pro Team
It’s about color, it’s about fun, it’s about individuality and learning to enjoy where you are in this moment — it’s what makes you who you are. The America’s Beauty Show 2024 Collection — WHAT’S NEXT — created in collaboration with the Ulta Beauty Pro Team encompassed this while modernizing trends from previous generations to pave way for the season ahead. Each Ulta Beauty Pro Team member put their own twist on the color, cuts and styles to celebrate a new season of style and deliver endless inspiration while doing it.
Speaking about the WHAT’S NEXT ABS 2024 Collection with the Ulta Beauty Pro Team, Nick Stenson Ulta Senior Vice President, Store and Services Operations and Creative Director of the photoshoot said, “Embracing the theme of ‘What’s Next,’ the Ulta Beauty Pro Team revived past trends to make them relevant again. Predicting that individual beauty will influence our day to day style — from nails to hair and the wardrobe and set design, there is an air of optimism in the collection while we embrace the fashion of the 90s with a new modern twist.”
Stay tuned to go behind the scenes of the WHAT’S NEXT shoot with plenty of gorgeous images and the details to get the look that are sure to inspire you!
Get The Look: Tommi
This look was created by Ulta Beauty Design Team Member Gilad G.
- Section top and crown areas off with a horseshoe parting around the head from the recession area on either side.
- Cut sides and back by taking 1-inch vertical sections, elevating straight out from the head and cutting vertically to create a shape that crops close to the head.
- Use a scissor-over comb technique to taper the nape into the back. The comb held should be angled diagonally leaving length to the top.
- Use a trimmer to shape the perimeter outline/clean up edges.
- Release top and crown section and comb down into natural fall. Cut a bowl shape all the way around at no elevation.
- Blow dry. Use point cutting or a texturizing shear to remove weight and diffuse the line of the bowl cut as desired.
The color was created by Ulta Beauty Pro Team Member Sonya Dove
- For the global blonde, the key is laying the lightener onto the hair rather than pushing/pressing it in during the application.
- We took 1/4” inch subsections working from top to bottom, fully saturating the hair in the product. This produced an even level 10 without having to re-apply the product.
- To elevate the look, Sonya added panels of indigo to continue to the color-blocking story seen in other looks.
- To prep the skin, we used, BLACK SUN SCREEN + R.E.M BEAUTY Foundation, then NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer to perfect the skin.
- FENTY BEAUTY Cream Contour Stick +NUDE STIX Illumi-Naughty Highlighter was then applied to enhance her features before setting with Laura Mercier Loose Powder.
We chose colors from the MORPHE X JACLYN HILL PALETTE VOLUME II – DANCE PARTY/ A MOMENT/ NOT MY JOURNEY/ NO JOKE.
- Use A MOMENT all over the lid with a flat eyeshadow brush to pack on the color.
- Apply JUST NOT MY JOURNEY on the crease with a fluffy pencil brush and around yellow accents to create Dimension
- Then, use NO JOKE the create the floating accent with small flat brush for Precision.
- To finish, apply a generous amount of TOO FACE Mascara Better Than Sex.
NYX SMOOTH WHIP MATTE LIP CREAM in Bday Frosting was applied all over the lips for a sultry finish.
Hair: Ulta Beauty Pro Team
Makeup: Ulta Beauty Pro Team
Hair Assistants: Ulta Beauty Design Team and Vicky Yeremchuk
Makeup Assistants: Dmitry Potapov and Gabe Almodovar
Photographer: Richard Monsieurs
AMERICA'S BEAUTY SHOW 2024 - SAVE THE DATE!
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99
You don't have to wait for the next show, shop your favorite brands now!Create an account today