Hot Rollers Are the Key to Long-Lasting Curls
Whether you struggle to get your hair to hold a curl or you’re looking for a variation to your usual curling iron set — hot rollers are growing in popularity for the ability to enhance your style with voluminous, bouncy curls that are long-lasting. While application might be tricky on shorter styles, mid to long hairstyles can enjoy this styling trick with ease. Read on to learn why hot rollers are the key to long-lasting curls and how to apply them.
Why We Love Hot Rollers
Not only are hot rollers easy to apply, with a bit of practice they can also be quicker than a traditional curling iron. Not to mention, while they set it gives you the time to put on your makeup or finish getting ready around the house because you’re not attached to a cord. Beyond the efficiency, hot rollers can create a slightly different curl finish than your curling iron. Because they don’t flatten the hair as much, there is movement placed in the hair without deflating all the volume to give you a more 90s voluminous blowout finish.
How to Apply Hot Rollers
- Hot rollers should be applied on clean, smooth hair. After shampooing and conditioning, apply a heat protectant or leave in moisturizer and then depending on your hair type either air-dry, rough-dry or blow-drying your hair to prep.
- Brush through hair to make sure there are no tangles.
- Then, beginning sectioning your hair with a tail comb to create crisp sections. Subsections should be no wider than the width and circumference of your roller. For very long hair, place the roller in the middle of the section and roll the ends around the roller and then before wrapping up the rest of the hair toward the scalp and then clip into place. The angle and over direction of each placement should be tailored to the finished style you’re after.
- Once you’ve applied your rollers, leave them to set fully. You’ll know this is done when hair is cool to the touch. If you take your rollers out too soon hair will fall flat
- After taking out rollers, determine your part and comb through with fingers or a brush to get the finished look you’re after.
Because hot rollers create a foundation with built in volume and bounce, its easier to switch up your style or comb your hair into a new look and really play with your style until you get the finish you’re after.
America's Beauty Show 2024 - SAVE THE DATE!
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99
You don't have to wait for the next show, shop your favorite brands now!Create an account today