What’s The Difference Between Cowgirl Copper, Apple Cider Copper, and Pumpkin Spice Hair Color
Fall may have just begun, but the fall hair color trends are already in full effect. Whether you’re switching up your style for the new season ahead or gearing up for a transition come the holiday season, the latest fall hair color trends are all welcoming in copper tones. From Cowgirl Copper to Apple Cider Copper to the classic Pumpkin Spice — we’re detailing just what each entails and which one you should be asking for in the salon.
How To Choose The Right Copper Color for Your Hair
You might be thinking why copper? Copper hair colors always seem to trend around the fall season and whether it started with the turning of the leaves or the demand for pumpkin spice latte’s, copper is here to stay. Copper hair colors have been trending season after season, and for good reason.They are a versatile way to add warmth and dimension to your hair color without having to add too much depth. However, as new variations get unveiled each season it can be hard to know which shade is right for you.
The top three most popular copper hair colors for fall 2023:
Apple Cider Copper
The differences between Cowgirl Copper, Apple Cider Copper and Pumpkin Spice hair color:
- Cowgirl copper features a deep, rich shade with strong copper and brown tones. Cowgirl copper is the most vibrant of the three shades with strong orange tones and a vibrant finish. The blend between copper and the added depth of brown to look like leather is what gives this color its name. While it can be tailored to anyone, this tone is best suited for medium to dark skin tones.
- Apple cider copper is lighter and features more muted copper shades with hints of gold and brown. It is more muted and natural-looking with a blend of red, orange, and brown tones that give it a warm and autumnal glow. With a more pastel nature, the color can be added to blonde tones easily and is a versatile shade that can flatter a variety of skin tones.
- Pumpkin spice hair color was the original viral copper hair color shade and features a warm, autumnal copper shade with hints of orange and brown. It is the most delicate of the three shades and gives off a cozy look. With a warm finish, this shade is best suited for fair to medium skin tones.
How to know which copper hair color to choose?
- Start with your skin tone: Copper hair colors are all very warm so the color of your skin will affect how each shade looks on you. If you have fair skin, choose a lighter copper shade, such as apple cider copper. Or, if you have medium to dark skin, go for a deeper copper shade, such as cowgirl copper.
- Then, consider eye color: If you’re unsure, the color of your eyes can also help you choose. Those with blue or green eyes will want to choose a copper shade with cool undertones, such as cowgirl copper. If you have brown or hazel eyes, lean toward warm undertones with apple cider or pumpkin spice.
- Finally, don’t forget your natural hair color: Apart from achieving the shade, the upkeep will be a big factor. If you are starting with dark hair, you’ll need to pre lighten in with highlights to achieve a copper finish. If you have light hair, you could get by with a gloss or glaze formula.
In the end, the best way to choose the right copper hair color for you is by chatting with your hairstylist and trying out a variety of shades to find one that you love.
America's Beauty Show 2024 - SAVE THE DATE!
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99
You don't have to wait for the next show, shop your favorite brands now!Create an account today