All The FUNN at America’s Beauty Show 2022!
How FUNN was America’s Beauty Show 2022?! This year’s show included over 16,000 salon professionals who came together to Flourish, Unite, Network and Navigate three full days of in-person education and inspiring experiences at ABS presented by Cosmetologists Chicago from April 9-11, 2022.
In case you missed the FUNN — Save the date for America’s Beauty Show 2023 for the 100th Celebration of ABS! Hosted April 15-17, 2023 in Rosemont, IL. Pre-purchase your ABS 2023 Tickets here!
What You Missed at America’s Beauty Show 2022:
ABS has always been the go-to event for all things beauty! A multi-day event that takes place in Rosemont, Illinois annually, the festivities are filled with beauticians, hairstylists, nail technicians, barbers, and brands from all over eager and excited to engage at the industry-leading event.
The Brands In Attendance at ABS 2022:
This year, Olaplex, Redken, Matrix, Biolage, Mizani, Pulp Riot, Moroccanoil, L3vel3, Keratin Complex, Wahl Professional, Andis, Farouk, AMIKA, Cali-Curl, Helen of Troy, Brazilian Professionals, K18, and many more were on site to deliver a vibrant education, an extensive shopping experience and a great deal of FUNN!
The Education at America’s Beauty 2022:
Between the show floor, multiple stages and runways, and classrooms there was a wide array of amazing artists.
Presenting artists The Runway@ABS included:
- Lin Phan (@bescene) for K18; The Ulta Beauty Pro Team (@ultabeauty)
- Presley Poe (@presleypoe)
- Ammon Carver (@ammoncarver and @cali.curl) for Cali-Curl
- Larisa Love (@larisadoll)
- Chrystofer Benson (@cbensonhair)
- Damien Carney (@damiencarneypro)
- Greta Coston (@gretacoston) for CLICS
- Greg Gilmore (@greg_gilmore)
- Shelby Connell (@shelby_connell)
- Kevin Hughes (@hairbyeleven) for Moroccanoil
The FUNN continued on Saturday with Salon Innovation Stage@ABS with:
- Jalia Pettis (@jaliadp)
- Ted Gibson (@tedgibson) and Jason Backe (@jasonbacke)
- Ronit Enos (@ronit.enos)
- Sam Villa (@samvillahair)
- Candy Shaw (@thebalaylama)
- Carolyn Aronson (@itsa10ceo)
- Dr. Leon Alexander (@euriskodesign_leon_alexander)
- Jen and Matt Martinelli (@jenmartinelli8, @mattmartinelli8)
- Will Simpson
- Natalie Ruzgis (@natalieruzgis) and Jesse Marriott (@hairbyjesseray)
- All moderated by Frank Fulco, CEO of America’s Beauty Show
In addition to this, The Barber Stage @ABS highlighted:
- AROD (@arod23pr)
- Carlos Estrella (@los_cut_it)
- Yahia Jaber (@mrofficial) with L3vel3; Katrice Thompkins (@katricethompkins_)
- John Mosley (@popular_nobody)
- Kenny Duncan (@kduncangrooming)
- Danny Amorim (@successaddict) with Andis
The Perks of ABS:
Not only do you get keen insight from some of the industry’s top educators, one of the biggest perks of attending America’s Beauty Show 2022 was the abundance of courses taught by top-tier professionals that attendees received CEU credit from. This is an ideal perk for licensed professionals to learn and earn the hours they need to keep their license current. This year, CEU class topics included hair color, cutting/styling, barbering, business, nails, extensions, make-up, and esthetics as well as the required classes on sexual assault and domestic violence.
When class wasn’t in session, you could find hundreds of eager beauty professionals exploring the vast showroom grounds of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center!
After Hours FUNN at America's Beauty Show 2022:
In addition to the inspiring education and events during the day, each night gave beauty professionals the opportunity to network and connect with FUNN filled excitement at Joe’s Live in the Rosemont Entertainment District.
The Associated Hair Professionals hosted the 2022 Influencers of the Year party on Saturday followed the CC Presidents Party.
The CC Presidents Party featured awards and honors, including the Jerry Gordon Salon Business Award, given to Jeff South; and the Fred A. Piattoni for Industry Service, given to John Amico.
Sunday night was the 10th annual Beauty Changes Live Experience and NextGen Runway Show, which raised funds for industry scholarships and mentorships.
America’s Beauty Show really knows how to put on a show and you’re not going to want to miss the next one!